CAP Dinner

My wife and I were invited to attend a dinner for the Center for Arizona Policy (CAP) this weekend. They tackle politics from the point of view of faith and the family. Regardless of whether you agree with everything that they’ve done it is impressive to see the commitment with which they exert themselves in a pretty overwhelming arena. If you want to get engaged with your faith in the realm of politics I’d encourage you to check them out.

The governor passed a bill into law (while we were there) that makes it mandatory for mothers desiring an abortion to see an ultrasound first. Very cool to be a part of. We also got to hear Dr. James Dobson speak.

It was also hilarious to get our name tags and see that Michelle has apparently entered into the pastor profession with me. I know she is a go-getter but this one surprised even me!

Sign up with your email and never miss a post!

Jeremy Jernigan

This is the personal blog of Jeremy Jernigan husband, father, executive pastor, and student of truth

15 Comments

michellej

about 4 years ago

I am full of surprises!!!

jeremy

So true, so true...

Melissa

about 4 years ago

Love the name tags! That is awesome you two could be a part of that.

jeremy

about 4 years ago

Yeah but is it weird that she keeps wearing it around the house?

Romi

about 4 years ago

Couldn't agree with you more about CAP, Jeremy! Kirk and I have been long time supporters of this organization (not necessarily always agreeing with everything they've done, but for the most part they do get things right and executed well!) Living out faith in the political arena is challenging stuff, but so worthwhile when you can get bills into law like the one you mentioned!! And hilarious about the name tags! So that's what Michelle was doing in her spare time!! ; ) lol She never ceases to amaze! : )

jeremy

about 4 years ago

That's awesome to hear that you are a part of what they are doing!

John

about 4 years ago

Now 3 people in your group can marry and bury!

Romi

about 4 years ago

LOL @ John! Too awesome!!

jeremy

about 4 years ago

Yeah but I think Michelle's is more official...

Mitchell

about 4 years ago

Hey I haven't had to bury anybody yet! (nor is that on my "to do" list) John I didn't even think you read this blog? Didn't you say something about too many over used quotes?

jeremy

about 4 years ago

Only when I quote a guy quoting a guy

John

about 4 years ago

You right Mitchell. Is does get difficult to follow the endless flow of quotes.

Dustin

about 4 years ago

I'm glad to see that bill get passed through in relation to abortions. 7 weeks into Alissa's pregnancy, we got to listen to our future child's heart beat and it was only .38 inches big and growing. There was no doubt about it, life was inside there! Anyone who tries to justify abortions by saying that life doesn't start until after a few months or that it's not technically alive until after a few months is completely full of chit. That experience has changed my view on that issue......forever. I'm also glad that you and Michelle got a chance to share that experience together. Hope you two are doing well!

Landon

about 4 years ago

Good job Pastor Republican. ;) James Dobson is irritating to me. I think he has blended the line between GOP & Christianity way too much. It is important for people of faith to engage in politics - so kudos on that. Love to see some social science on your radar buddy.