6 Sources of Power
I’m reading through Leadership Divided and it quotes something from John French and Bertram Raven. They call these the 6 sources of power but they could just as well refer to influence in general. They are:
- Positional – based on a person’s role, which gives them the ability to give orders and make demands
- Referent – based on being liked or admired
- Coercive – based on having the ability to control something someone else needs
- Reward – based on the ability to grant or distribute rewards, including money, recognition, promotions, referrals, or other favors
- Expertise – based on having knowledge and skills that others do not possess or that are needed for a specific task
- Experience – based on having information or perspective that others do not have
Do You Want to Read the Bible Without Falling Behind?
Sign up your email and I’ll send you a PDF to download and use my custom-made reading plan system. There’s no way to fall behind on this system and every day will be different no matter how long you use it!
I’ll send future content directly to your inbox AND you can dive into the Bible like never before.