64 Ounces of Commitment
I stink at drinking enough water each day. On the flip side, if there was a paid competition for who could regularly consume the most Dr. Pepper, I’d need to quit my day job. A common refrain on daily water consumption is that you need eight, eight-ounce glasses. Every. Single. day. That’s sixty-four ounces of tasteless torture. Like anything with our health, there are also people who argue for more than that. But here’s the point: I’m never the guy in danger of hitting my daily water quota. So I decided to buy a big ole water bottle that could hold my daily volume (See pic above. The Dr. Pepper can is just for scale. And for sadness). That bad boy holds sixty-four ounces and even keeps it chilled for me. More importantly, it serves as a visual reminder for me each day of what I need to get done for my health. After using this bottle for a little while I’ve noticed two conclusions:And if you’ve fallen in love with my water bottle and want your own, here’s where I got itÂ (evidently the black one is out of stock and is priced way higher now).
- It causes plenty of jokes at my expense. To be fair, it looks absurdly large and is borderline impossible to hold with one hand, especially when it’s full.
- It’s caused me to increase dramatically the amount of water I drink. I don’t finish it every day, but I usually can at least get close.
- Like the exerciseÂ goal you have but don’t tell anyone because you’re not sure you can hit it.
- Like the theology you ascribe to based on who agrees with it, or who it does or doesn’t offend.
- Like the hobby you love spending time doing, but that would surprise most people who know you.
- Like the job you really would love to do but you can logically argue your way out of it.
- Like your passion for doing something crazy in your pursuit of Jesus that you know your friends or family won’t understand.
“The primary factor in accomplishing an audacious challenge is aÂ willingness to stand out.”Click to tweet
Do You Want to Read the Bible Without Falling Behind?
Sign up your email and I’ll send you a PDF to download and use my custom-made reading plan system. There’s no way to fall behind on this system and every day will be different no matter how long you use it!
I’ll send future content directly to your inbox AND you can dive into the Bible like never before.