This is part of a series of posts on 20 quotes.Â Click hereÂ to see others.
I had the opportunity to attend the Catalyst West conference this week with some of the team from Central. Iâ€™ve had the chance to become friends with the President of Catalyst and that has made these experiences even more special. Catalyst is a great shot in the arm of encouragement and connection with other church leaders.
Below Iâ€™ve selected twenty of my favorite quotes from the event. Each of these quotes is my best representation in writing of what they said verbally or a summary thereof. Any errors in wording are my own.
- “Jesus didn’t predict a place, He predicted a people.” Andy Stanley
- “Imagine a world where people were skeptical of what we believe but envious of how we love one another.” Andy Stanley
- “If your theology separates you from sinners like you, you may have some work to do.” Andy Stanley
- “We can’t all be right, but we can all be one.” Andy Stanley
- “Religion drew lines. Jesus crossed them.” Craig Groeschel
- “You can’t heal what you don’t acknowledge is hurting.” Jo Saxton
- “On average we check our phones 150 times a day. We face our phones because it’s easier than facing our Maker.” Greg McKeown
- “What takes my breathe away is what Jesus did NOT do.” Greg McKeown
- “The more you spend worshipping God the less time you’ll spend worrying.” Levi Lusko
- “The forgiveness you withhold limits the cleansing you can receive.” Levi Lusko
- “The local church should be the best run organization in your community.” Andy Stanley
- “The better leader you are the fewer decisions you personally make.” Andy Stanley
- “God’s miracles do not relieve us of our duty to support the cause of justice.” Brenda Salter McNeil
- “Scarcity thinking causes us to build walls.” Brenda Salter McNeil
- “If we want truth, we don’t get to pick and choose who it comes from.” Brenda Salter McNeil
- “Don’t leverage power, give it away.” Propaganda
- “If you have given up on your dream, it is difficult to lead others into theirs.” Devon Franklin
- “Love the other, the way the other is.” Father Edwin Leahy
- “Real leadership is a magnet for unity. Bad leadership is a magnet for disunity.” Brian Houston
- “Do other people see their place in your vision? Every person has a right to their own vision.” Brian Houston