This is part of a series of posts on 20 quotes.Â Click hereÂ to see others.
I had the opportunity to attend the Catalyst West conference this week with some of the team from Abundant Life Church.Â Catalyst is a great shot in the arm of encouragement and connection with other church leaders. It was a bit weird to have been at this event only a year ago with a different staff team but once I took the Portland team to dinner at TGIFridays it all felt right.
Below Iâ€™ve selected twenty of my favorite quotes from the event. Each of these quotes is my best representation in writing of what they said verbally or a summary thereof. Any errors in wording are my own.
- “A single act of courage is often the catalyst for extraordinary.” Andy Stanley
- “If there wasn’t uncertainty, the world wouldn’t need leadership. Uncertainty is the fertile soil for leading.” Andy Stanley
- “Great leaders donâ€™t make all the decisions. Great leaders make sure all the decisions are great.” Andy Stanley
- “People donâ€™t grow where they are informed, they grow where they are accepted!” Bob Goff
- “Stop trying to be Jesus’ lawyer. He doesn’t need one and you’re not good at it.” Bob Goff
- “Fun matters. It has an ROI.” Jon Acuff
- “Whenever God shows up, the next version of you shows up too.” Graham Cooke
- “God never gets disillusioned with you. He never had any illusions about you.” Graham Cooke
- “Accountability isn’t calling people out, but calling people up to how God sees them.” Graham Cooke
- “You only get saved once, but you get redeemed every day.” Graham Cooke
- “Every good and perfect gift does not come from hustle, it comes from God.” Carlos Whittaker
- “What you see as a rejection, God sees as a protection. What you see as a commotion, God sees as a promotion.” Lysa Terkeurst
- “It is the smile of heaven that attracts the scowl from hell.” Robert Madu
- “The approval of God does not come from our performance, it comes from our proximity to God.” Robert Madu
- “Corporate mission will eventually conflict with personal ambition.” Andy Stanley
- “Courage is willingly suffering for the people you lead so they will suffer less.” Patrick Lencioni
- “The place of your wounding will be the place of someone else’s healing.” Jay and Catherine Wolf
- “If fear defines you then you will either be oppressed or be an oppressor.” Danielle Strickland
- “We are always fighting for people, not against people.” Erwin McManus
- “Your pain is not the boundary of your freedom.” Erwin McManus