This is part of a series of posts on 20 quotes.Â Click hereÂ to see others.I spent this week at the 2016 North American Christian Convention in Anaheim California. This conference moves locations each year and is a great chance to connect with other churches who have come out of the same history as ours. The theme this year was called “A Better Story.” Below Iâ€™ve selected twenty of my favorite quotes from the event. Each of these quotes is my best representation in writing of what the speakers said verbally or a summary thereof. Any errors in wording are my own. At the bottom of the page are some tweetable versions of them.
- “God is not just a powerful God; He’s a personal God.” Dave Stone
- “When things go wrong, Jesus is drawing you to Him.” Dave Stone
- “We were created in love, by love, and for love.” Tim Tebow
- “Better words inspire better stories.” Gene Appel
- “You are the product of the words that have been spoken over you in your life.” Gene Appel
- “Better honesty is the soil for better leaders.” Gene Appel
- “Never underestimate the power of words of blessing spoken over someone in Jesus’ Name. Speak life into others.” Gene Appel
- “We need to make what Jesus has done for us bigger than what others have done to us.” Christine Caine
- “FreedomÂ is a blood type. It’s the blood of Jesus Christ.” Christine Caine
- “The blood of Jesus does not give us amnesia.” Christine Caine
- “We don’t change when we see the light; we change when we feel the heat.” Rick Rusaw
- “Maybe God isn’t going to do a new thing in your story until He disrupts an old thing from your story.” Albert Tate
- “As Christians, we go to the very place everyone else is trying to avoid.” Albert Tate
- “You want to know how you’re doing in your faith? Watch how you treat people who creep you out.” Bob Goff
- “Love everyone, always.” Bob Goff
- “On your worst day, when you’ve messed up the most… Jesus calls you Beloved.” Bob Goff
- “Live in grace, walk in love.” Bob Goff
- “Truth has a great way of defending itself.” Bob Goff
- “In order to live a better story for others, we need to see ourselves in their stories.” Naomi Zaharias
- “It’s possible for you to be in the worst chapter of your life and for you to be in the center of the will of God.” Jeff Vines
Do You Want to Read the Bible Without Falling Behind?
Sign up your email and I’ll send you a PDF to download and use my custom-made reading plan system. There’s no way to fall behind on this system and every day will be different no matter how long you use it!
I’ll send future content directly to your inbox AND you can dive into the Bible like never before.