This is part of a series of posts on 20 quotes. Click here to see others.
I’ve been to the Leadership Summit for a number of years now, but this was the first year we’ve ever hosted it at Abundant Life Church. Together with business and church leaders in our community, we spent the last two days growing together and practicing being teachable.
Below Iâ€™ve selected twenty of my favorite quotes from the event. Each of these quotes is my best representation in writing of what they said verbally or a summary thereof. Any errors in wording are my own. These are in order of appearance at the conference, not in rank.
- “There’s a big difference between a leader who’s popular and one who’s respected.” Craig Groeschel
- “Instincts help you explore the possibilities instead of protecting the probabilities.” Angela Ahrendts
- “Half of inspiring is caring.” Angela Ahrendts
- “Legacy is a story that has yet to be written, but you hold the pen.” Juliet Funt
- “You want a vision that’s so big that you have to pick who you tell it to.” TD Jakes
- “You haven’t been to a country until you’ve been in the home of someone from that country.” Strive Masiyiwa
- “Values are universal, so you can take your values beyond your own faith.” Strive Masiyiwa
- “Your authenticity is your distinct, unique advantage.” Carla Harris
- “It doesn’t matter whether the customer is always right. They just need to be heard.” Danny Meyer
- “How you use your power is the measure of your leadership.” Danielle Strickland
- “Fear is the currency of oppression.” Danielle Strickland
- “If you’re still excited about what you did five years ago, then you’re not growing.” John Maxwell
- “Success turns luck into genius.” Rasmus Ankerson
- “The #1 characteristic of the culturally intellectual leader is their curiosity.” David Livermore
- “Leadership is about showing someone a better future that we co-create together.” Sheila Heen
- “Death is not supposed to be in front of you. Death is supposed to be behind you.” Erwin McManus
- “God does not define you by your worst moments. God defines you by His best moments.” Erwin McManus
- “There is no great leader without pain.” Nthabiseng Legeote
- “Don’t compete against people. Compete with them.” Simon Sinek
- “Those who are lowest in competence are highest in confidence.” Craig Groeschel
Also, here are a couple resources they made available that you can access:
- Click here to find yourÂ cultural IQ score.
- Click here to get 21 WhiteSpace strategies for your team or organization.