NewSpring Leadership Conference
[T]oday was spent “drinking from the fire hose” at the NewSpring Leadership Conference in South Carolina. It was a phenomenal lineup of guys for a one day conference on leadership, preaching, and all things Jesus. Here are a highlight of the key ideas I took from each speaker:
Perry Noble5 things we need in the church (based on John 2):
- awareness of The presence of Jesus
- a desperation for His voice
- a realization of what He has given us
- a desire to work hard
- a desire for people to see Jesus clearly
Steven Furtick5 observations on gratitude:
- gratitude is never invisible or silent
- gratitude sustains joy and blessing
- Â gratitude begins where my sense of entitlement ends
- grateful people can find a blessing, enlarge a blessing, or create a blessing in almost any situation
- Negative people can find a burden, enlarge a burden, or create a burden in almost any situation
Craig GroeschelThree levels of serving God:
- First level: make a name, make a living. Success means “I’m good.” In this stage you compete with everyone.
- Second level: make a difference. Success means “we’re good.” You compete with people outside of the organization.
- Third level: make history in this world. Success means “God is good.” You compete with Satan.
Andy Stanley4 suggestions to make a difference:
- do not take a public stand on everything the public wants you to take a stand on
- do not fear guilt by association (we walk toward the messes)
- do not attempt to police the behavior of people who do not believe what you believe
- when political and cultural issues intersect with biblical teaching… Talk about it
Jud Wilhite2 Corinthians 5:11-12 Ways to stay grounded:
- do a gut check
- stay a little crazy for God
- be compelled by Christ’s love
- focus on the task of reconciliation
Marc DriscollRomans 1:25 Under every sin problem is an idol problem. You can have a theology of something but not a reality of something. Marriage gets better or it gets bitter. Priorities: Christian, spouse, parent, worker Be friendly toward all, but friends with a few. Some marriages are back to back, some are shoulder to shoulder, but God desires it to be face to face.
Judah SmithHebrews 11:13 2 kings 4:8-37 2 Corinthians 1:20 Whether in living or dying I will do it by faith. God is a generational God. Sometimes the promises are not filled in our lifetimes. The onus lies on the promiser and not the promisee. Jesus is the sum and substance of all God’s promises.
Do You Want to Read the Bible Without Falling Behind?
Sign up your email and I’ll send you a PDF to download and use my custom-made reading plan system. There’s no way to fall behind on this system and every day will be different no matter how long you use it!
I’ll send future content directly to your inbox AND you can dive into the Bible like never before.