I was recently asked by a new iPhone convert to share some of my favorite apps. Since so much of my world is connected to my phone I realized how much these apps aid me in my everyday tasks. Some people look at technology as a burden and a detractor from the “real world.” While I’ll certainly acknowledge that technology, like just about anything, can easily be abused, I also know that if it is used well it can be an incredible tool. I strive to use it as such.
Here is my list of my favorite 15 apps that allow me to intentionally use my time efficiently.
- Lift (daily goal management—I wrote about it here)
- Wunderlist (great app for making all sorts of to-do lists)
- MileBug (tracking mileage)
- Dropbox (file management between devices)
- Evernote (great place to organize thoughts/ideas)
- Camera+ (app I use for taking pictures, allows you to edit pictures easily)
- Diptic (making a collage of photos split-screen)
- Instagram (photo uploads and sharing, syncs nicely with Facebook and Twitter)
- YouVersion (Bible software that I read daily, many free reading plans as well as multiple versions)
- Circa (great app for keeping up with top news stories)
- Kindle (my preferred reading app, more robust features and portability than iBooks)
- Audible (listening to audiobooks)
- Flashlight (it seriously amazes me how often this comes in handy)
- Pandora (I’ve moved away from using iTunes and now mostly stream my music… anywhere I go)
- Starbucks (amazing app if you like Starbucks)
How about you? What apps do you use that have become invaluable to your workflow?