This is part of a series of posts on 20 quotes. Click here to see others.
I had the opportunity to attend the Catalyst West conference this week with some of the team from Abundant Life Church.
Below Iâ€™ve selected twenty of my favorite quotes from the event. Each of these quotes is my best representation in writing of what they said verbally or a summary thereof. Any errors in wording are my own.
- “Itâ€™s okay not to know, itâ€™s okay to be wrong, but itâ€™s never okay not to love.” Andy Stanley
- ” So many leaders are failing because theyâ€™re constantly pouring into others but not ever filling themselves back up (secondary trauma).” Miles Adcox
- “As leaders, we have to sit in as many circles as we stand on stages.” Miles Adcox
- “Itâ€™s better to be marked by God than marketed by man.” Bianca Althoff
- “You can do everything right, but you will always still have to go through the process, and it will be hard.” Bianca Althoff
- “We canâ€™t obtain humility without self-knowledge.” Ian Morgan Cron
- “We were created for a person (Jesus) and a place (Heaven).” Kayla Stoecklein
- “Bloom where you are planted.” Jamie Ivey
- “Itâ€™s hard to be jealous of someone when you are genuinely their biggest fan.” Jamie Ivey
- “If you canâ€™t get curious, you canâ€™t get free.” Mike Foster
- “God is less concerned about what you’re doing than what you’re becoming.” Chad Veach
- “We must tether the faith of this generation to the event that sparked the movement that brought us the Bible.” Andy Stanley
- “If someone predicts their own death and resurrection and pulls it off, we should go along with whatever that person says!” Andy Stanley
- “If you want to experience the life of Jesus, you have to adopt the lifestyle of Jesus.” John Mark Comer
- “Don’t use God like a genie. Scripture is not a bandaid. You need to be intrinsically motivated. If you don’t develop that identity or grow in it, you will choose the quick fix, which leads to burnout.” Dr. Carolyne Leaf
- “When you start moving forward it changes your memory of the past.” Benjamin Hardy
- “You should always be making your future bigger than your past.” Benjamin Hardy
- “You have to lose what you knew in the past to see what God knows about you now.” Sara Jakes Roberts
- ” People will applaud you for doing what God is shrugging about.” Sara Jakes Roberts
- “Are you spending too many of your yesâ€™s on things that are good but not best?” Dr. Henry Cloud
**BONUS** Below are a few quotes from people who weren’t at the conference but their ideas were shared by someone else.
- â€œThe best thing you bring to leadership is your own transforming self.â€ Ruth Haley Barton
- â€œNever be the â€˜former’ anything.â€ Condoleeza Rice
- “We are kept from our goals not by obstacles, but by a clear path to lesser goals.â€ Robert Brault
- “Every next level of your life will demand a different you.â€ Leonardo DiCaprio